Monday, December 4, 2017

Merry and Bright Blog Hop {Living Room}

Welcome to another week of our Merry and Bright Blog Hop! I'm
 So happy to have you! 

You guys, I really love decorating my home for the Christmas season! It helps me keep a good perspective on the things that matter most to me. The reason for the season. That reason is to remember the birth and life of our Savior Jesus Christ! To spread his love. To help our neighbors and those that are less fortunate.

With that in mind, please enjoy my Christmas Living Room!
 This space, other than our kitchen is the room we spend most of our time together as a family. This room looks totally different than it did 5 years ago. I first painted the wood mantel and railing going down stairs white. Then I painted the whole room Revere Pewter. The ceiling got a coat of white paint to brighten things up. We also got new carpet and new couches. We get a ton of natural light through our large south facing windows so its a bit hard to photograph sometimes. I really kept things simple. Sometimes less is more right?

 Like I said before, we spend a lot of time in this room, so we have to have a TV in this room. We tried to not have one and everyone ended up in our room, NOT what I was after. Needless to say we put the TV back up above our fireplace. I don't love our corner fireplace, it's large and takes up a big amount of our room. But it is what it is and I and I decorate it the best I can. I do love my fireplace, I use it all the time in the winter.


I stayed neutral in this room with pops of red, green, brass and mercury glass. A rustic glam style I guess. I don't usually use red in my décor except for Valentines and Christmas. it just doesn't feel like Christmas to we without red in my home. Totally just my opinion, I see tons of beautiful homes with no red at all and they are just lovely.


The red sweater pillows are from Tai Pan Trading. I made the red and cream striped pillows from 20x20 napkins from World Market. Red and Cream stockings are from Hobby Lobby. I am on the hunt for more sweater looking stockings but haven't seen any I love yet. I love my brass candle tapers I purchased from Etsy months ago, they add so much to any space. Who doesn't love the glow of candles. As you can see I love candles, a lot.


I finally purchased this cute little wood side table from Wayfair. I have been eyeing it for over a year!! It went on major sale so I snatched it up quick. I'm so glad I got it., it's just so darn cute!


 Yes, I stood on my kitchen counter to get this shot!
I  have a little bit of decorating ADD, I move stuff around all the time! Things are moved to a different spot at any given time. Like the coffee table, I moved the tree and presents and put together a tray of faux candles and greenery you'll see in the picture below this one.


This is my favorite tray, I use it all over my home. It's from Hobby Lobby. The red berry garland is from Michaels, the small mercury ornaments are from Antique Farmhouse, they were a garland until I cut them apart and use them for ornaments. Eucalyptus is from Hobby Lobby.


 


Below is the view of my family room from my entryway. See how much light comes through those windows. It heats up our house so much, I love it! I do have to close the shutters by afternoon because it gets really warm, too warm sometimes.

I wasn't going to put garland on my railing this year because you really only see it when you're going down the stairs or when you walk into our family room. My daughter really, really wanted me to put some up. She kept asking and asking. Last week I finally had the time to put some up for her.



I added a simple berry wreath to my Hobby Lobby mirror. I made it from a grapevine wreath and a garland from Michales craft store then used my favorite striped ribbon from World Market 





I moved my picture of Jesus and put it on my entry table right when you come in our front door with my nativity, that left this wall open. I moved the scripture sayings that are usually over my bed and put them here. I love them like this above one another in stead of side by side. I love moving my things around and using them if different ways.




Another close up of my tree.



I bought this tree 2 years ago, It is 7.5 feet tall. The lights don't show up really well during the daytime but at night there are tons of light from the tree. There are several types of green foliage in this tree and I like the different texture and fullness it gives it. I do add more faux greens to my tree.

Tree source list:
Tree-Tai Pan Trading
Red glass ornaments-Tai Pan Traing
Mercury glass Ornaments (not totally oval shaped)-Tai Pan Trading
Striped Cream ribbon-Online
Red berries-Michaels 70% off
Faux pine green stems-Michaels 70% off
Glitter pines cones-Joann's
Frosted twigs-Michaels 70% off
Golden Mercury Glass Ornaments-Pottery Barn
Ruffle tree skirt-DIY by me
Large pine cones-Hobby Lobby
Honey comb round mercury glass ornaments- Home Goods
Collecting things for a Christmas tree takes time. I've been collecting mercury glass ornaments for a few years now. I get all my stuff on sale 50-70% off. Ribbon is a great inexpensive way to change the look of your tree if you want to mix things up each year. This year I wanted to lighten things up by adding this cream striped twill ribbon. I like the change it made.


Here is a little sneak peek at my dining and kitchen area I'll will be sharing next week! I can't wait!!


Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and see my Christmas living room. I hope you had a good visit. I am almost finished with all my gift shopping, it's such a huge relief. Now I can relax and enjoy the holiday season.
 
MERRY AND BRIGHT BLOG HOP Continues.....

























1 comment:

  1. So beautiful!! Love the simplicity but still such a beautiful space! That garland & your tree!!!😍😍❤️ Beautiful job!!!

    ReplyDelete